Monday, January 2, 2012

Hanauma Bay and some other stuff......

I finally got brave, threw modesty out the window and for a minute forgot about body image! I did it...  I wore a bikini and felt so good about it I even posed for this picture.  On the other hand, Jake wore a bikini too, so maybe this doesn't count!


Nothing says December in Hawaii than a big huge Santa and Mrs. Claus "hanging loose"!



Have you ever watched Hawaii Five -O?  Well Rand has and he loves it!  
Our faithful GPS (named "Vicky") led us to this  statue of "King Kamehameha"  so that Rand could fulfill his dream of walking where the special agents of Hawaii Five -O  have walked and I think he kinda feels in his heart that he is a special agent! Please don't burst his bubble, just pretend he is special agent material! 



On to Hanauma Bay!  
Hanauma Bay is a crater that filled with ocean water.  It has breathtaking coral reefs and marine life which make it perfect for snorkeling!  


Facts about my family in Hanauma Bay!

 Jake is a snorkeling fool, he dives, he flips, he swims like a fish!
Rand is a patient dad, he tightens flippers, calms nerves and coaches snorkeling like a pro!

Shemri is definitely a snorkeler (for about 30 to 40 minutes) and then she is a dig in the sand, swim with the kids kind of girl! 

Shemri is also an excellent diving coach!




Braden is quickly becoming a snorkeler, just watch and see, he loves it especially when he isn't swallowing the entire ocean - he is pretty good for a four year old!


Other interesting facts about my family in Hanauma Bay!

Jake and BMan can dig in the sand for hours without getting bored!


We happened to be some of the whitest people on Hanauma Bay - but the men in our family strut their stuff anyway.(Apparently so does the man in the sexy blue speedos behind us, wah hoo!)

Rand excels at sculpting turtles, he is patient and careful to make it truly realistic!


Grandma Bracken has more patience than Job!  She swam with BMan for EVER!  

And EVER,



And EVER (until his lips turned blue from freezing)!


Then she made him into a turtle too!
The Bracken Family has a thing with turtles I suppose!



Last fact of the day - 
Lee takes amazing pictures and Shemri steals all of them to put on her blog!
Thanks Lee!



1 comment:

Kaylie and Cody said...

Oh my goodness, this looks like so much fun! I had fun seeing your precious girl :) I think she liked me :) Which I was totally ok with cause I get baby hungry. You should have Brooke watch her more ;) Glad you had fun!