What's Hawaii without a pineapple or two? We visited the Dole Pineapple plantation and with our visit came the best part.....Dole Whip pineapple ice-cream! Totally worth the trip to Hawaii, just ask Braden!
What's better than visiting a pineapple farm? Riding this cute little train around the fields!
I am almost embarrassed to mention that after we ate our Dole Whips we headed about 10 minutes down the road and tried a shaved ice from mossimotos (sp)! The first "shave ice" on the island, it was yummy.....so yummy in fact I didn't stop to take a picture!
Let's see what else there is to see in Hawaii? How about visiting Kualoa Ranch, you know, the place where Jurassic Park was filmed, the TV series Lost and movies like 50 1st Dates. Did I just sound like a commercial for this place?
Just hanging with my hubby waiting for my bumpy ride through the jungles of Hawaii!
I guess it is not a jungle ride but a jungle expedition! Who knew?
The mountain we must conquer!
I think Rand's favorite part of the whole expedition was the mango that fell off the tree.
Simple pleasures!
I won't mention that I ate so much in Hawaii I felt a little like the animal laying below but I must add that this pig was the grossest, laziest animal I have ever seen at a petting zoo! Oh and he had a temper too!
Seriously, my cute boys can't provoke enough anger for a pig this lazy to get up and want to move.....
....or could they?
Just another one of the lazy animals we found on the beach in Hawaii! This one was so cute and so "Crush" like!
Ok now for some quick recaps!
We visited a macadamia nut farm, grandma taught us the art of cracking nuts with rocks, she is so primitive don't you think?
I taught the boys how to "Tarzan" it and swing from vines, hint....vines break and leave you in a picture looking like an idiot!
Next we hiked through a jungle, found a darling river only to find out it was full of amebas and swimming is discouraged!
And finally we went home and rested at the beach!
3 comments:
Next time you need me to watch Layla while your in Hawaii just take me with you, I'll sit at the Beach house with her the whole time and won't complain once.
One of these days I will be as cool as you are and my family can be like you guys. How fun are you - I'm envious!
i have to agree, the dole whip is the best ever!!! looks like a fun vacation :)
Post a Comment