Isn't it funny that the entire month of December becomes crazy and then Christmas comes and goes in a flash! Well staying with the "theme" of Christmas Craziness, let's look back at some more events leading up to the night of Santa Claus!
We did visit Mesquite off and on in the month of December and Miss Layla was so excited to find her "cursed" red and white hat that Aunt Brookie gave her! This hat makes me angry.....I hide it she finds it! I do her hair cute (even get her part straight), she has this ability to find it wherever it is hidden! She also was so happy to be home to wear her lovely mint green shawl that a darling lady in our ward made her!
On a serious note......Charlene (Rand's mom) was in charge of the Pollock Christmas Party this year. She did a fabulous job and brought Bethlehem to Enterprise! The night was perfect with great decor, SCRUMPTIOUS food, lovely entertainment and great mingling for all!
With that being said...the only pictures I got of the night seem so funny to me!
Let me tell you why!
1st of all - people in Bethlehem spent most of their life wearing bath robes and Mikey really wears his well! He is either smoking a kabob stick or he is feminine and the mound of fur on his chest tells me he is an outsider for sure! I really just like laughing at the expression on his face.
You gotta love Mikey!
This picture is really funny to me because Lara and I had a good time at the 'ole Pita Inn!
The fact that I am wearing a tablecloth on top of a skirt with a curtain wrapped around my neck is also hilarious.....and the only thing funnier than that, is Miss Layla wearing tinsel around Jake's t-shirt and some sporty leg warmers. I really think we captured the spirit of the night!
The fact that I am wearing a tablecloth on top of a skirt with a curtain wrapped around my neck is also hilarious.....and the only thing funnier than that, is Miss Layla wearing tinsel around Jake's t-shirt and some sporty leg warmers. I really think we captured the spirit of the night!
Why every picture is so funny to me could be due to the fact that it is late and I should be in bed but instead I am blogging about random pictures. The expressions on BMan's and Jake's face really don't convince me that they are excited to be part of this nativity scene. But here's the kicker...look at Mary's face she is seriously having the best time ever! (I love the way she nurture's the baby)!
Let's just say that Rand the Roman Soldier really stands out in this group of bathrobes. My favorite however is Colten's Salmon colored dress thing a ma bob!
What's left to do when one has already been to Bethlehem?
It's hard to measure up but we tried throwing kids down a hill for fun and you know what? It was!
The idea of sending Layla down a hill by herself is basically CPS worthy I think.... but, Rand thought Layla was up for the challenge. The smile and nod of the head after the ride assures me that once again Rand was right. I still never would have sent my child down the hill at 20 months if it were up to me!
2 comments:
You should blog more often at night because you are cracking me up....well maybe we did do some things that were made to be laughed at. But at the moment it was awesome. You forgot to mention Cesar's camo hiking boots which definately topped off the look! And our Pita Inn rocked! :)
Shemri, seriously I was laughing my butt off. This was so funny.
Post a Comment