Friday, August 10, 2012

Back to good times!

My last few posts have been a little wordy so it's time for more pictures and less talk!

Sometimes consistency brings happiness!  
The 24th of July is pretty routine for us.....we head to Enterprise with lots of family, we turn into runners, we hurry to make the parade and then we then celebrate with lots of food and love of country!

I think it is funny that every year when it's time to run a 5k I dust off my  treadmill, run for 20 minutes  (at least twice) and figure that I can wing the whole running thing on race day!   Guess what, I am never in shape but I do it anyway, a lot slower then most but it gets done and I get the glory to say that for one day a year, "I am a runner"!   

With that being said the real glory of the race should be given to grandma and grandpa.  Why?  Because as we are headed to the starting line they are waking up little grumpy people that they then have to tote to the finish line just so they will be there to cheer for us!
(This picture does not include the baby either)

Applause, applause, applause for the grandparents!

To be accurate - most of us participated in the 5k and Ian, Dallan and Mikey ran the 10K!

This is how it went down!  
I must say we all look really sweaty but it rained at the beginning and unless you could outrun the rain you just got wet!

5K
Rand finished first in his age group and had a great time.



A little later came these two!
I hate to admit that Malia beat me but I was proud of her and knew she would kick my butt before it even started.  I mean, really....I am not a young pup anymore and that couple of times on the treadmill really didn't help my running career.


Then Miss Paula Walla


And then Jake and me!
(Thanks Jake for hanging with your old mom!)
Even though this picture is blurry......  You will realize that.........
I may not be fast but I totally caught me some air!  There is like a few inches between me and the pavement for sure!   (Maybe jumping is more my thing)

We must not forget Miss Abby and Diana either!

10 K

Ian hit the finish line first!

Dallin next


Mikey shortly after!
He gets the award for best expression! 

At the end of it all the Bracken's represented!
Look at these proud new owners of shiny medals!





The kids races were held later in the day and I am relieved the kids have Rand to teach them his "mad" running skills!


Next year I am going to run at least 3 times on the treadmill to get ready, you better watch out I might be fierce!

1 comment:

Riss said...

At least you look like a runner. I can't believe you can run for 20 minutes. Way to go!