And traveled Northward -
More like Northeast - 1st to Enterprise for a day or two then on to Payson to visit Grandpa Gressmen and Grandma Cherri (not pictured, sorry guys) and then further North to Rose Canyon to visit with mom and Grandma B.
I love my Grandma Bardsley and so if I get a chance to head up to her house I take it! This trip started a bit rocky and a little scary but ended up quite lovely. The night before we left, grandma called to tell us that her backyard was on fire (ok, not the backyard but the mountain behind her) and that she was in the process of being evacuated. She assured me that she wasn't worried and that I should still come on up. (This is why we detoured for a few days in Enterprise and Payson). I thought to myself, "why not" I am already living in an inferno called Mesquite...at least it will be cooler at Grandma B's). I was right, it was much cooler and the air was such a lovely shade of smokey gray. With those thoughts in my head I kissed my hard working husband goodbye and I loaded up my very willing kids and before you knew it we were over the river and through the woods to 2 grandpa's and 3 grandma's and 1 great grandma's house we went.
To think we could have missed out on a hug from her!
(I forgot my camera which happens quite frequently when Rand does not come with us. My forgetfulness caused me to take pictures with my cell phone that actually has a very nice camera... but a very shaky and flaky operator).
We even got this sporty little grandma to go out walking with us! She was like the hottest thing on a jazzy for sure!
Nana came up to visit with us and when Nana comes there is always going to be an adventure.
Further Northward we found an amazing museum at the University of Utah. The kids could have spent all day doing the different exhibits and for one fleeing moment I thought how fun it would be to live somewhere that I could take my kids on a field trip every day. The moment was fleeing, simply because quite honestly a small town fits me fine!

Thanks cousin Colton for coming with us - I love this kid!
I am honestly thinking of doing this in the boys room! This ant farm kept them amazed for almost 30 minutes! Record attention getter.
It's only fair that if the boys get an ant farm Layla gets a climbing wall (rock)....
Last but not least we journey to the land Eastward and ended up in Price! There really is nothing quite like spending the 4th of July in Price, UT! I sometimes laugh when I realize the place I love and the place that I grew up is so so redneck!
I really enjoyed the festivities, I mean who can imagine a 4th of July without a coal shoveling event? I know it made it the whole holiday for me.
There was live music to enjoy and old friends to see. The kids danced and I ran away from people I didn't want to talk too. It really was a lot of fun if I do say so myself.
We headed over to Gayla and Paul's for fireworks and had such a fantastic night. I am proud of my redneck roots and next year I might even wear a really tiny tank top and a fanny pack just to show that...
I too, might be a redneck!
Like all good things, they must come to an end and we headed home to the inferno and started planning our next getaway!
*****No rednecks feelings were hurt in the typing of this! We all know that teasing from one redneck to the other is just called "LOVE"!
Yee haw!








No comments:
Post a Comment