When I moved to Mesquite many moons ago a friend of mine said to me, "Welcome to Mesquite, their are two seasons here - one of them is summer and the other one is Hell!"
July in Mesquite falls into the 2nd category!
So when it's hot in Mesquite we run like the wind and head to any mountain that offers a cool breeze, a creek to play in and a place that Rand can break in his new boots for the upcoming hunts!
Boots, what?
Oh Rand, Rand, Rand..............
Over the years I have listened to many, many talks and even actively participated at times with Rand as he continually jumps from one hobby and passion to the next. His passion for hunting has remained consistent and steadily grows with each season. His next venture will have him mountaineering through the rugged terrain of Wyoming with only his two feet to get him there (apparently he will be wearing these boots)! It has been said that, "Good boots mean they have had good miles put on them".... so I got to hike with him and the "boots". I walked proudly along side my look a like "tree hugging" husband and smiled just a little bit each time he turned around!

Rand even got into the olympic spirit (tree balance beam) these boots put him in the best of moods!
As we walked and hiked I realized how many times I subconsciously dress these two boys in the same color. I really should expand my color wheel, there has to be another color that makes me smile as much as yellow!
Leaving these 3 kids in Mesquite to cook all summer could really force me to go crazy.......I am really not kidding, 3 kids + hot weather + lots of family togetherness = crazy mom!
So I am glad they're always game to tag along when I need an outdoor fix!
2 comments:
Looks like you guys are having fun! I like the routines on the tree balance beam. I think it should become the new olympic sport. Rand and Jake could battle for gold! HAHAHA!
Post a Comment