Friday, January 17, 2014

Merry Christmas........

and a Happy January!

It's January I know and I should be posting cute things like yesterday when Layla said,
"mom, my belly button smells just like pepperoni" but I am not.  I am still posting Christmas.  My sister posted this morning about her amazing day with her children and how they had learning time and did a book report on Joseph Smith and gained a testimony and how everything was peaceful and good and I sat down to blog Christmas!  Have I ever mentioned my sister is amazing and I am constantly in the shadow of her amazing mothering skills!  

I am behind! 
I have decided that I am not just behind with my journaling but a great deal in everyday life.  Each day is a race to get things done and we are running to and fro and everywhere.  By the time the kids get home from activities and dinner is done and I race off to wherever I need to go I feel like kicking my legs up and staring at the TV in a vegetative state.  This is when I should be cleaning, scripture reading, reading my list of books that I have decided to read but guess what.... I am behind in my New Years Goal list as well.

On the flip side,
My kids are happy except when they are not, they are doing good in school, we do end up at church every Sunday and they have excellent teachers and we even laugh every day, in between some fighting, bribing and lecturing.   

I read Hillary Weeks blog post the other day and she said she is going to start off each day with a list of "I will's and a list of "I wont's" just for that day.  This appeals to me greatly and I don't feel overwhelmed by this idea.  I tried it yesterday and even accomplished a few of my "I wills".  So there you have it... my New Years Resolution to keep a daily log of the things I will do and the things I won't!

So for today......

I will clean the upstairs and the downstairs playroom!
I will play a game with each one of my kids!
I will eat healthy snacks (crossing my fingers on this one).
I will hug my husband and tell him he is great!
and 
I won't feel bad because I am behind in my journaling.
I won't loose my patience.
and last but not least, I will not feel guilty if we order pizza for dinner.
(I mean come on it is Friday?)

I guess I didn't blog about Christmas but here is a sneak peak!
(I will put blog Christmas on my list of "I will's" tomorrow)


No comments: