Thursday, January 30, 2014

Most of the time I feel,


.....as if the world is controlling me.

Have you ever felt that way?  Where your time is controlled by "stuff"!!!  Don't misunderstand I fully realize that my "list of stuff" is important and somewhat necessary but, sometimes I take action and stop the madness.  
 This December I wanted the time to spend with my little family.  We actually didn't sign up for any recreation center sports and the month of December seemed to be much more relaxing then in years past.  I hustled my bustle to get Christmas shopping completely done by the first week of December (thanks to Amazon Prime) and had most of the month to sit down at night with my kiddos and read a few Christmas stories. 
I also decided to take advantage of Rand having a few days off and we headed up North for some fun in the snow.  I realize that when I take me out of my home my focus is not just on cooking, cleaning and running errands my focus can be more centered on fun with my hubby and kids.  Do you love how I am justifying my need to leave town once in a while??  Maybe it's a wakeup call to just push some things aside and have times where fun is the only priority even when I am home.  

This is my adorable little family getting ready for the Polar Express!
I love looking back at pictures I take because they are happy and we are all smiling and wearing warm coats and nobody knows that Layla had a melt down and we threatened her that she would not get to ride the Polar Express and that Braden had serious issues with the fact that he had to wear a coat and not a jacket and I was a little frustrated that my scarf was seriously itching my neck.  
(Remind me to share the scarf story one day)


Along with my adorable little family was Mical and Diana's adorable little family.

I love, love, love that they would join us because let's just face it, Time with Mikey = lots of laughter! 
and, the girls too!  



Because we boarded the train a little late there were only seperated seats left but we chose to "squish" so we could all sit together.  By far we were the loudest most obnoxious group on the train but I think secretly the other people were wishing they were having as much fun as our little group.


This Santa was just a little "too" friendly with Diana and I and he may have been tipping back a few, I really can't say.  If you are wondering where Diana, Brielle, Layla and I are... (we are under the arms of that very very FRIENDLY Santa!



These two spent most of the train ride scoping out the window for deer,
 but like good husbands and fathers do they pushed aside their passion for the 4 legged creatures and got into the magic of Christmas.  

Don't they look magical??


Isn't that why we runaway from the madness so we can experience the magic of Christmas?

To capture moments of happiness that we seem to forget when life gets to crazy.  That moment when we realize that family togetherness is even more important than presents.  (I keep convincing my kids of this).   Brooke, my lovely sister also reminds us that service is our true gift to the Savior during Christmas time and we were able to make Christmas Decorations and deliver and visit with so many people at the nursing home in Mesquite.  In fact Braden loved it so much that when we left, "he said mom, I wish we could do that everyday".  
I love Christmas Magic...........

As we happily coasted through December I found Christmas Magic in so many places.  Memories and moments to treasure for a lifetime.

Magic Moment #1
Layla in the Joseph Smith Building when she saw the enormous Christmas Tree.  She would have stayed there all day and just talked about every ornament.



Magic Moment #2
My three kids and their typical gender behavior.  
(Boys flexing and Miss Layla who has apparently perfected the "hip pop")


Magic Moment #3
Teaching my kids to set their sights on the Temple and have their own forever families.




Magic Moment #4
The look on my boys (blurry) faces , the look of true laughter!


Magic Moment #5
Realizing that we live close enough to both of our families to attend Christmas Parties.
Even if I do have to participate in the dreaded minute to win it games.




This is a magic moment even if you can't see it.  These two little cousins love each other and love their Grandpa Don!


Magic Moment 5a
Cousins, Cousins, Cousins!
Thoughtful 5 dollar gifts!



Magic Moment #6
Living by two of my most favorite people!


Magic Moment #7
Knowing that Lara and Ian live down the street!



Magic Moment #7
Is there anything more perfect than a snow angel?
Even if that little snow angel is Miss Layla dressed in boy clothing!

I treasure these moments!








No comments: