After Braden was placed with us I simply thought "no-way, no-how"! There was no way I was going to leave my new baby after I had waited five years to get him. Well, circumstances changed! Because we had had been living with Rand's mom and dad for almost three weeks Braden was so comfortable with Rand's mom and her house as much as he was happy with us. So after much convincing from Rand, Matt & Shannon I decided I could still go. Rand was so happy because everything he had booked was non refundable. There was also the fact that we had basically been living apart (me in Utah and him in Mesquite) we decided it would be good fun while we waited for permission to cross the boarder into NV. (You know the 40 miles from St. George to Mesquite).
Well to say the least we had a blast. I spent extra money on Internet and phone calls to make sure my two boys were ok but they seemed to not even notice that Rand and I were gone for a few days!
While in Mexico Rand decided to take advantage of the fact that I was off crutches and filled our days with activity. Everything from whale watching, snorkeling, bull fights, swimming, surfing and a gorgeous horseback ride on the beach. Great way to get my knee back in shape.
We met Matt and Shannon in the airport in Mexico and I think Shannon and I started laughing at that point and ended when we flew home! Except for every night when we missed our kids! I can't wait until Jake and Braden are old enough to enjoy traveling with us. I think Jake will be ready this year, he is a trooper when it comes to traveling. We will test Braden out this summer when we go to California!
Saulita! We took a scary bus ride down the coast for $2.00 and ended up in a beautiful town. Very authentic and friendly people. Lots of dogs! Some parts of this town were so sad because people lived in homes that were not equipped with the comforts that we have in the United States. Many of them did not look like they even had running water. I feel so blessed and fortunate to have the things I have.
Las Caletas! This was a gorgeous private island that we took a boat to. We saw many humpback whales along the way. Right now all of the whales come down into the warm waters to have their babies and then head back to the Alaskan waters. It was amazing as we would watch the whales and hear the blow holes going off right next to the boat. While on the island we were treated to a huge buffet of yummy food. (We ate plenty on this trip). We then snorkled and saw many stingray, those spikey poofy fish, Nemo's and Dories! I think it is sad when everything I know about fish comes from Finding Nemo! My favorite part of snorkeling was watching Shannon in her mask with her ears folded over. She would swim up to me and start laughing and then we would both almost drown! Good fun!
Dreamy surf dudes! Rand and Matt took surfing lessons. They were actually pretty good!
Valentines Day! The Beach, my honey and a horse! Very romantic.
If you want to see all of our fun Mexico pictures just follow the link!
http://groups.msn.com/TheBrackenFamily/shoebox.msnw
5 comments:
Those pictures are cute. Sounds like you guys had a ton of fun. It is always nice to get away!
Ohh...Shemri that is SOO romantic. I am very happy that Rand talked you into going because from the pictures it was totally worth it and your boys were with one of the best mom's in the whole world. It can't get any better than Charlene! I just love her. SO good for you for getting on that plane to Mexico. Hope all is well with your little cutie pies.
That is so awesome to be able to get away like that with friends! I can totally see you and Shannon laughing the whole time! Thanks for sharing! I like your swim suit!
Sounds like you two had a great time! I loved the picture on the beach with the horses. The flip-flops made it even better! :)
Shem, you look way skinny in these pictures. Just thought you may want to know that! Those are the kind of pictures you frame and put up on the wall.
Post a Comment