Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My crazy boys!

Because Jake has never had a sibling he has never experienced bathing with anyone. He thought that he would like to try it and I thought why not? Here is how it went....Jake is in the tub and I sit Braden in his little seat. 1.5 seconds later a fountain has emerged from Braden and Jake starts screaming that he is now swimming in pee. I turned around to get a towel for Jake's quick exit but when I turned back around Jake had put a cup over Braden's little (well you know what). Jake then preceded to tell me, "that this would not continue to be a problem because he now had a plan to keep it trapped". Oh the joy of having boys!


We have been trying to teach Braden how to sit up by using pillows as props. The other night I walked in the room and Jake had built an entire fort around Braden with every pillow in the house and every blanket he could reach. He was so proud and wanted to show off how well Braden could now sit up. He is obsessed with the little guy.



I am bias I know, but my two boys are beautiful! It is so fun to be able to say boys with a plural "s".

11 comments:

Heather said...

Agreed. They are beautiful! So glad you are home and enjoying the adventure!

Melinda said...

Shemri -- they look great together! I am so happy for you guys! Isn't adoption such a blessing? I love to say boyS too.

Melinda

Ashlee said...

Oh Shemri, Your boys are so darling. Braden totally belongs to your family. He fits right in. That is so fun for Jake to have a brother. Once again, I am so happy for you guys. Call us sometime when you guys have a free weekend and lets make a plan!!!

Me and The Boys said...

Hey Shemri, Annette gave me your blog so I could see your cute new family! I am so excited for you guys. We have a Bra(y)den too!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Christians said...

I love the bathtub story, that is a lot of fun. I can not wait to meet the little guy.

Ian and Lara said...

That is hilarious about the bathtub! Jake looks like such a good big brother! I can't wait to see you guys! Maybe in April!

NatPalmer said...

Haha- I love your stories! Jake is such a cute big brother. :) I can't wait to have 2 boys too!

Morgan said...

Hey Shemri, I can't believe how much Braden looks like you guys. Isn't it crazy how that is. I am glad that you guys are so happy, and you get to enjoy the crazy life of boys too! Congrats P.S. I think that you were on your trip when I had to take something to Charlene, but Jake was so proud of his little brother, he kept telling me things about him. SO CUTE!

mamagress said...

Shem, I am just so happy for you that you now have 2 boys. You deserve every happiness. Enjoy!
Love, Aunt Trish

Advice from Ordinary People Flourishing Together said...

Shem, that is so fun! They are pretty dang cute. And...even though you are probably sick of me invited us and the rest of the world to come to your house for Easter, we are so so so so excited. Thanks for saying yes.