Friday, August 14, 2009

Another perfect day!

While growing up my dad told me a million stories about hunting in Diamond Fork. I remember going hunting there every year for such a long time! When I turned about 12 years old my family starting hunting in Monticello UT and I had not been back to Diamond Fork in about 20 years. I just realized that I said "20 years ago" don't old people say things like that? AHH! Let me just pull this sword out of my ribs and carry on.

Well, who knew that a trip back to an old stomping ground could set the stage for another "perfect day"? How you might ask......like this!

First, it started out with a friendly BB Gun competition with Jake while dad and grandpa were out catching helpless little fish! I am sure these little fish would rather just "swim away" than to be hooked in the mouth by two burly men but whatever makes the guy happy, right? Anyhow back to the competition...If you look closely I am holding a leaf with a perfect hole in it. Let me explain what a shot this was for all those who ever doubted my BB gun skills.
I had to shoot through the leaf over the rock and hit the can! I might try and go on "Americas Got Talent" with a shot like that. You might think that as a mom I would allow my son to beat me....well you thought wrong! I am under a lot of pressure to make my boys still believe that I have super powers and thus I will still continue to beat them in a healthy sportsmen like kind of way.

Next, four very handsome men really upped my chances of having an "ok" day to a really "great" day!


Lastly, the day ended with a lovely 4wheeler ride up to the highest height and I got to enjoy the scenery from the very tip-top. I really feel fortunate that I get to spend so much time in the mountains, it's the place I really feel at home!

Oops, this is really the last thing... I got to hold and kiss the gorgeous little guy on my lap who can't seem to stay awake on a 4 wheeler to save his life. I do declare a perfect day indeed!

4 comments:

Ian and Lara said...

Fun pictures! I love Jake's serious gun holding face!

Riss said...

Braden is so stinking cute. Can you believe he is going to be 2? Where does the time go? Speaking of the mountains, we sure miss home this time of year. It was opening day of the bow hunt this weekend and we have been HOME SICK. I loved seeing the pictures of the mountains - reminds me of home.

Deborah said...

Wow. That Braden is soooo darling. I love the picture of him sleeping in your arms on the 4 wheeler. What a great mom you are!

tsroybal said...

I remember the Diamond Fork trips. Man does that bring back alot of memories. Washing our hair in the freezing cold water. Love It. Thanks for bringing them back.