Tuesday, August 4, 2009

It's a Great day to celebrate.....

The 24th of July! On the 24th we head in a Northeastern direction to the land of Pioneer Ancestors. It's time to celebrate great, great grandmas and great, great grandpas who crossed the plains as pioneers. Someday I hope to do some family history and find out if I have any noble heritage, any pioneers! My luck I would start digging and find out that my noble heritage were very famous on WANTED Posters!
Enterprise is such an exciting place this time of year! Here is the run-down....three nights of rodeo (YEE HAW), Parades, Programs, Town Races and many other activities the Bracken/McOmie/Hirschi Boys come up with! We must not forget the 5k /10k Run on the morning of the 24th. The boys and Ali ran the 10K and Lara, Megan and I did the 5K!

With so much fun to be had... I have narrowed it down to a few of my favorite things. A bit cheesy I know!

Raindrops on children and pineapple showing up in watermelon.




Bright colored skies and Bishops being pulled by tractors!


Grandmas and Grandpas and snapped green beans by Braden.


Wild Men that fly with the wind on their feet, these are a few of my favorite things.


Girls in pretty dresses with fake waves and smiling.


Gatorade and water that replenishes my sweating.

Super great sisters who urge me to run! These are a few of my favorite things.



When the snake bites,

When our legs sting.....When I'm feeling dead,


I simply remember that I can still breathe, And then I don't feel so bad!

8 comments:

Ian and Lara said...

You are hilarious! And so very creative!! I am dying laughing right now!! Miss you guys!

Heather said...

Listen to Mrs. Poet! Looks like fun.

Melinda said...

You are so clever, Shemri! I need to take lessons from you. :) Great post!

Riss said...

I remember your poetry writing days fondly and miss them. I'm glad to see you still have the gift. Kudos for running a marathon! You're nuts.

Mary said...

You are too funny!!! Thank you for a good laugh. It looks like you had a fun 24th of July. I kind of miss living in Utah and being able to have fun celebrating our pioneer heritage.

Hopes Family said...

You are so poetic! Did I spell that right? Looks like so much fun! How was the race? Are ya ready for a 1/2 marathon yet? It really is addicting, call me crazy, but it is fun. If ya don't have plans for Labor Day weekend we are trying to get a big group together to go up to the cabin, want to come?

tsroybal said...

You always right the cutest blog. I have been wanting to do a 5K, but haven't been able to life is so busy. Your boys are getting big. You look GREAT by the way!

Rosalyn said...

You are still the same Shem. I remember you making up songs on the way to Manti Temple. In fact, my little Sammie reminds me of you. She is always singing (making up the songs as she goes) and it makes me smile.