Sunday, August 9, 2009

When lightning strikes.......

Run!

Another outing another story! This is what happened according to Jake... "we parked the 4 wheelers in a patch of trees and we parked the rhino with Colten and Megan too, under the trees. We were all under the trees then Mikey said "what was those two loud KABOOMS?" Then Ian said, "I am going to drive my 4 wheeler out there and see what happened"! So Ian drove the 4 wheeler up and said, "everyone, there is a fire out there in the trees and it got struck by lightning"". That is exactly word for word what Jake said happened!

This is how I think it went down....

1.A couple of crazy fathers taking their sons on 4 wheeler rides in a torrential down pour.

2.Crazy group hid under trees for cover while watching the other trees start on fire! (Thank heavens it was the other trees).


3. Excitement built as the group hiked up to the flaming tree with my 6 yr old. Six year old joined in putting out the fire (in the only way gross boys do) and then six year old chalked it up to another one of his favorite days!


P.S. We just returned from two weeks of fun in the sun, you might be bombarded with blog posts this week.

5 comments:

Advice from Ordinary People Flourishing Together said...

Shem, your blog is always so fun. I am there for some of the occasions and I still love to read your take on things. Thanks for the entertainment factor.

Riss said...

You guys are always on the run. Hey did you know we have the same background? Great minds, baby! Great taste.

Julie said...

I love when little boys say "this is the best day ever!" Makes me feel so good as a mom.

Mical and Diana said...

For the record, we never actually peed on the fire. We (and by we I mean Rand) did make the fire worse, but we didn't pee on it.

Shemri and Gang said...

Thank you for clearing that up for me!