I love this hike up to the cave and I always start feeling so happy and excited and I easily forget that.......

1/4 of the way up I am so happy not to be carrying an extra 40lbs.

I love posing my children and cousins on scary cliffs watching other mothers passing me by. I smile as they give me dirty looks and verbally express their disgust at the terrible danger I have put my children in.

I love learning about Stalagtites and Stalagmites (I am not even looking to see if these are spelled correctly). I forget every year which ones come from the top and which ones are on the bottom and Braden is trying to point out that he knows more about this cave then I do. My little nephew Jaidon just thinks I am weird.

Has anyone in the history of snapshot ever liked a family picture? I am so busy sucking in my gut and making sure my arm isn't smashed against my ribs(I heard that makes you look fat) that I can't even pay attention to my 6 yr old who is pulling a face and closing his eyes on purpose just to make sure we don't send out a Christmas Card again this year.

We hiked, we enjoyed, we came down with a bad knee and we celebrated Nanna's birthday with some yummy Twinkies. Happy Birthday Nanna we think you are great!

When all is said and done, the only thing left to say is next time I hike Timpanogoes(had to look that time) I want to be carried in a backpack and sleep on the way down.

By the way next year we are spelunking, anyone want to join in?????
7 comments:
We'll join in on spelunking or any other hiking trip you're up for. Seriously, call us! Jake & Kason can run around together and our hubbys can carry the babies in backpacks. Sounds like fun!
That is so weird! We just hiked to the caves on Aug 1 (and I can't spell it either). Loved it! I'm just way too behind at getting pics up. We looked in to the spelunking too! Who knows, maybe you'll we'll spelunking at the same time!?
I can't believe how big Jaidon is! I'm sorry to say I won't be joining you for spelunking. The TD (total darkness) of caves freaks me out because I can't see where my kids are all of the time. Besides, I live in stupid WV. When you slow down for a minute, give me a call.
Haven't been spelunking since my single days, but I really enjoyed it. You are so funny. I love your posts. I wish I was that creative. Have you even been home this summer?
You don't have to suck it in you look great all the time.
I love reading your blogs. You are so talented. I have to tell you that I can related to the sucking in of the belly and bat wings!!
So fun! My summer "blog" isn't quite so exciting!!! Next summer I am so there! I hope you guys haven't worn yourselves out, cause we have to get back on track! Speaking of sucking in your gut and wobbling arms..... oh, can't even go there right now! You look great! When I'm done trying to gestate, I'm gonna be a spelunker. Love you and thanks for sharin'! SHAN
Post a Comment