1. I will always have gross experiments sitting on my kitchen table. This does not include just grass and leaves, this means anything Jake can find.. ie. spices from my kitchen and bugs from my flowers.
2. I will always have huts built in the middle of the living room. These huts would be fine if they came down the same day but in our house huts come down with lots of crying and "it's not fair"!
3. I will probably always find weird smelling socks and dead reptiles in strange places, I will also find food in huts (Jake informed me this is what true campers eat).
4. Not only will I have huts but sometimes the actual tents. The ring master is usually Jake but Rand plays the part as well! Rand loves camping in the living room almost as much as they do! Tunnels and TP's and tents are not rare sights in the Bracken living room, I think we need a bigger house. It is usually when these are all set up that people choose to stop by and say hi, it is never when the house is clean and I have makeup on and (wait a minute this is something else I will never have because I have boys)! I think in my dream home I will have a huge room with padded walls and climbing ropes and jungle gyms and anything else that can burn some energy.
5. Because I have boys I will never vacuum without sucking up at least two or three Legos. The sound of a Lego being sucked up the vacuum is a sad song in our house.
6. Because of the male dominating factor in my house I will never have clutter free counter tops. I will always have the the company of action figures and army men.
7. I would never have known the joy of cleaning off oatmeal and strawberry milk from C3PO or Luke Skywalker if I did not have boys.
8. Because I have boys I will never have to feel lonely, unprotected or unloved! I love my clutter, my strange smells in my home, my back door that is never shut, the clever manipulating words to get their own way and especially I love my boys!
11 comments:
Shemri, this is Sheila (a friend of Melanie Heath's, I worked at Dr. Blazzard's). This post reminds me so much of my kids... esp. my boys and wha tmy house used to look like. Now with my empty nest I sure miss them so enjoy every moment.
toodles, Sheila
Hey there, hows life? Braden sure looks cute. We haven't seen you guys forever so someday we'll come bombard your family. And if you guys ever want to go camping up on Cedar Mountain let me know cause we would love to have you guys come with us sometime.
See ya, Megan
This is hilarious. You're such a cute mom. I love the picture with Braden and Rand by the tent. Braden's smile is so cute.
I enjoyed reading this post. I am glad that I am not the only one that feels that way, except mine is catered towards girls. I have learned that I only pick up at night, otherwise I am cleaning all day long. Your family is adorable.
Shem, I Love that Post!! You are awesome and believe me, I know what you are talking about! Same thing at my place. But like you said, what a joy!! Great Post and your kids are darling. Lets serioulsy make a plan and get together even if it just for dinner or something!
You are so funny! I love that post so informative! It's nice to see all that is happening with you guys. We miss you! Braden is so cute! Every picture he just gets cuter! Love his smile!
You are an awesome mom! Just think, if you had girls they probably would have been as picky as all of us were when we were younger! You did a great job being ring leader with us, you can control those boys! :) Love you!
that was really fun. I am sure excited to see you guys.
Shemri,
I almost started to feel bad for you not having any girls for you to dress up and play with. Then I thought of the things I have to do for my girls. You don't have to clean up fingernail polish out of your carpet or find a way to fix a hair cut they did themselves. It is so fun getting girls ready. They screem and yell at you when you comb their hair and of course they must dress themselves. See how much fun. My girls just need their Aunt Shem to buy them necklesses and paint their nails so they feel pritty. Where did I go wrong. Maybe some day I will learn to be a good moms Mom.
What a cute post! I know how you feel and I love it too. It was so good to see you guys. I wish we could have visited more.
Hey Rand and Shemri,
I was looking at Lara's blog and found yours. Your family is so cute!! I love your entry about having all boys! Be glad you have boys because girls are SOOO emotional. We should get together sometime and play games.
Post a Comment