If you are not running on a treadmill in your house staring at a wall.
Let me introduce to you...Paul and ShaRee, (hope they don't mind) . These two are running maniacs, they run so much they put Forest Gump to shame. Their running excitement is contagious and I think Rand has caught the bug. I am still using Layla, Braden and Jake as my excuses (who else could possibly watch these little kiddos)? I really admire both of them and maybe when my kids are a little older I may become Rand's life long running partner. (I say this but I don't really believe it, I have never liked running and unless something miraculous happens I will probably just continue with my every other year 5K and feel quite satisfied with myself).
Well like I said, Paul and ShaRee are serious runners, they time themselves, they fit in miles even when they are tired, they wear the gear, their shoes have little things on them that tell them something (I really don't know what the little shoe things tell them) but....... they convinced Rand to run the Pine Valley 5k with them! And he did and he loved it and he took 1st in his age group! He now proudly displays his two medals of the summer over the lamp shade in my room. I keep hiding them and he keeps finding them, but at least he does not try to wear them to church anymore. I nipped that problem in the butt as it happened (he is pretty scared of me).
Paul and ShaRee so proudly posing right before they eliminate a little pre-race nerves. You should have seen the line for these little beauties, everyone had the same thing on their mind. I just realized using the word eliminate is pretty gross!
By the look on Rand's face running in the dirt is harder than running on the road.... am I right?
Life would be so exciting if we could run around with our own background music. Just imagine some Rocky music playing in the background and feel the satisfaction of these fellow medalists.
The kids and I were all there to cheer in the victors - we are so proud of all of you!
Look at your shiny, shiny medals!
Last but not least, what's a summer without a softball tournament? Remember my thoughts on announcing a goal? Well you heard it here first, I will participate next year in this softball tournament. I will not do anything crazy just be the catcher or something and hit a few times but I want in on the fun.
"The Fam" was the name of this team and we had a blast. They played all night for almost two nights and Brooke, Jason and I cheered them on from the stands. A team full of cousins, friends and even my dad just shouts fun times. Wait till next year when I tear it up on the field! (Did that sound intimidating? I think sounding intimidating might be all I really have!)
1 comment:
Hey you can start practicing now for the tourney!!! i'll throw with you anytime :)
Post a Comment