I will, I will. Somebody once told me that if you don't announce a goal you may as well set yourself up for failure! Actually, I think I just made that up but it sounds pretty profound, don't you think? Here is my goal, I will journal the rest of our summer in the next 5 days, it has been said and now please hold me accountable for my actions.
I ask myself why is it so important that I update this blog? I already know the answer.....this silly little blog I keep, has for the first time helped me in successfully keeping a journal. I know it's a lot of rambling but it has officially documented that we as a family do have fun, we do have cute kids, we do have crazy days but we do in fact love being together.
So here goes!
Each outing teaches me a different lesson! I have learned that with 3 kids (two of them being under the age of 3) sometimes means that day trips are better than overnight trips. I am sure this will change again when Miss Layla is a little older but for now it's ok!
Day trip to Enterprise Reservoir!
Hiking is so much fun when.... hubby carries the 30 pounder and I just hold the BMan's hand. Jake finds his own happiness by running so far ahead that he knows I am just praying he doesn't fall off a cliff.
Hiking is so much fun when..... I see pictures that capture personality!
Like..............
The fact that Layla is a princess to be pampered, Rand is dependable with a soft side, Braden is usually "crazy" and 8 yr old's will always try to personify a "tough" guy image..
Hiking is so much fun when........
A life lesson is learned, even if it's a cheesy one.
Stop the craziness, slow down, enjoy life, learn something and help someone else, or you may just end up an old crusty skeleton that nobody cared to know.
Hiking is especially fun when.......
you eat one marshmallow
or 2 marshmallows
or even three! Who's counting anyway?
Hiking is so much fun when.....
You skip the hike and just enjoy the summitt!
Lastly, hiking is so fun when.....
you stop moving and realize there is no one else you would rather hike to your favorite fishing spot with!
1 comment:
First, you are traveling fools and I love all your pics. Second, your kids are adorable. Third, thanks for the Lynn Austin recommendation. I just finished Gods and Kings and the subject matter is fascinating. I plan to read the second one in the series next.
Post a Comment