Monday, August 1, 2011

Welcome June

June brought fun, fun and more fun!  June also brought yuck, yuck and more yuck!

Let's start with the yuck! 
No pictures for the yuck, I thought I would spare the details for you!

While Rand headed off to the mountains to kill the bear, I headed to my mom's for some fun and good times with Miss Layla and BMan.  Little did we know that our stop in Enterprise would be the death of us when we got to Price.  Thank you to Megan, Colten and Talya for giving us a lovely round of stomach flu for our trip to Eastern Utah.  It started with Jake and I first, me on the way to Price and Jake found puking bliss in Challis Idaho.  It then quickly passed to Braden (who was the sickest and kept it the longest ) to Layla and then Nana, then Grandpa Delon and then to every single cousin who visited us.  I think we infected most of Eastern Utah.  To say the least the pictures of that trip were kept to a minimum but I must add that BMan who was so, so sick was the most cheerful and responsible puker I know.  (I thought you might want to know that).  

2nd yuck ...............I call this "Brains and Romance"  this came after Rand got home from the Bear Hunt.  Let me explain,  when you kill a bear there are things you have to deal with.  1. the meat - which was quickly donated to the wolves and those who actually thought they would eat greasy bear meat.  2nd you have to deal with the hide.  Rand prepared it in the field and it only had to dry in my garage for a few days thanks to the heat of Mesquite.  3rd We have the head of the bear, which I found out later is actually the trophy.  The head is chopped off and then sent off to a place where it is placed in a cooler with beetles who eat all of the brains and meat off.  The head is then bleached and sent back all ready to mount on the wall or in our case hide in a box in the garage if I have anything to do with it.  With this being said my husband let me know that the head of a bear can only be sent on a Monday, he let me know this on a Tuesday knowing that the following Monday he would also be gone to work in Fallon NV.  He then so sweetly let me know that he had to freeze the head, (may I just remind you this is the head of a dead animal).  He said he would place the head in 3 layers of plastic sacks but he had no choice but to bring it in the house and freeze it in our kitchen freezer (the only one we have).  This is where I had a bit of a tizzy fit and chucked a little spat!  I just couldn't picture the decaying bear head sitting next to the Chicken Nuggets and Popcicles in my freezer, I mean call me mean but really, are you serious???????  Well after much sweet talking on his part and much protesting on my part, the bear head in all it's glory sat in my freezer for 2 weeks until it was shipped through UPS to be eaten by beetles. 

This is where the romance comes in.....that night after the bear head took up temporary residence in my home, Rand and I were lying in bed............when Rand sweetly said the words, "Shem you are perfect for me!"  "You put up just enough fight but in the end you gave in".  Little does he know he owes me big time! 

Let's move on to the fun!
June means birthday parties for the twins!  Yahoo and best wishes Timmy and Colby!


Then on to even greater things, what is a summer if you don't go to Lagoon.  We hit a milestone this year with Jake.  He is officially a big kid and took off most of the day with cousin Colten H.  I just gave him a time to check in and he did.  I remember the day I was given a check in time, this is a huge step in the direction of being an adult (at least that is what Jake told me).  Sad thing for me is he is growing up and I don't get to take a million pictures of him.  

Braden loved hanging out with the cousins... all 12 of them!



Braden is in love with Malia!  He thinks she is gorgeous and he thinks she walks on water.  This was very apparent as he shared his crackers with her at Lagoona Beach, he is not usually much of a sharer, especially when it comes to food.  Malia you are one lucky girl!

Is there anything better than hot cement to warm you up after a cold swim?


Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for giving a hand with the kiddos, Grandma not pictured was probably getting lunch for all of us or watching 5 or 6 other kids.

Oh Lagoon, how we love thee, in all your redneck broken down ways!



June also brought so much fun at Tuachan (Little Mermaid), and the Lied Children's museum in Las Vegas.  With 3 kids now I am usually so busy having fun I forgot to snap a picture or two!  I have concluded that if Rand is not with us the pictures are usually only in my memory.  

So thank you June for all the memories!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Right now I'm thinking of the Brad Paisley song... "I'm still a guy." I can envision Rand strumming his little guitar and singing it to you. Funny story about the bear head... tell Rand hi!