Sunday, August 28, 2011

We love...........

Cedar Mountain and Cousins! 

Cedar Mountain is a place of secrets and lots of memories for me and my cute hubby!  Cedar is the place I wanted to live forever, the place I met my guy, the place I graduated from college and the place I think I would still relocate to in a heart beat.  
But.......
Cedar now holds another special place in my heart for different reasons.   It's a place where my sisters and I can meet and laugh and have fun times with all of our kiddies!

As I was looking through this last group of pictures I realized that I have wonderful nieces and nephews who are growing up so fast.  I feel like I need to stop the clock and just watch them be kids for a little bit longer.  Rand's family is more spread out than mine and I feel like I am missing out on "aunty duties" with the majority of my cute nieces and nephews on that side of the family.


Just indulge me for a minute while I capture a moment I don't want to forget!  

1st I have my kids - each unique, each my favorite and all for different reasons!
(I really wonder what I could have said to make all 3 of my kids pose "constipated"at the same time)!


Little Miss Layla has stolen my heart and because of it she gets away with a lot!  But seriously, who could resist her?  She babbles away the day and demands attention when she knows she is being cute.  She is better than prime time TV and we find ourselves just sitting around asking her to perform.  She is a performer and a show off too, just not when anyone else but family is around.
  She has her daddy wrapped around her finger and the boys too!



Jakey, Jakey, Jakey!  Where in the world is my little boy?  Who is this determined, independent little man who butts heads with his mom all the time?  As much as I miss my little man who tagged along with me by himself for 5 years, I love getting to know  this new "big" guy who has suddenly taken over.  

Determined Jake caught about 20 fish this day and being cocky like his dad loved every minute of it!


Crazy Brady has a mind of his own - he is usually happy and helpful but if he has his mind up to be stubborn...just give up now.  There is no amount of convincing that will change his mind, if he has made up his mind just declare "mercy"!  
ie.....The other day I asked him to do something and he refused, I asked him if he wanted a spank on the bum and he said, "yes", "just make it a soft one".  He was willing to take a swat on the rear because he still wasn't going to do what I asked him!  STUBBORN! And so SWEET all at the same time!

Brady Bug is my most independent little guy when it comes to play time, he loves his toys and can play for hours in his room by himself.  I spy and listen to his funny little conversations...his imagination just makes me laugh!
(Oh Mr. BMan what are you going to do with all those rocks?)



Not one of the kids...or is he?  Rand's ability to take care of things and his willingness to do it makes me think he is fabulous.  


Miss McKinley -- this little girl is a princess/tomboy wrapped all in one cute package.  She rode a 2 wheeler before most boys years older than her did but probably came in and put on a skirt and her Rapunzel hair in the same afternoon.  She talks a little bit like Kermit the Frog and if she ever looses her cute voice I may just cry!  I love this crazy little girl who doesn't like to wear socks and can be happy and cranky all in the same sentence.

DrewMan - he likes to be DrewMan because Braden is BMan!  Drew loves me, I love that he always wants to hug me and sit by me and sometimes he loves me so much he gets a rise out of "bugging me".  But that's why I love Drew, cause he always has a smile and he always makes you feel like a 100 bucks.  

Before we talk about Colby and Miss Brielle, a Happy Birthday to my mom!  Thanks for coming down so we could celebrate with you!  For those of you who have not met my mom you really should, she is fantastic!  

Colby, Colby, Colby!  Do you think my shoes match my outfit?  Mr. Colby is a gentleman with a great big heart.  He is the prince you hear about in fairy tales and he makes me grin.  He is going to be trouble for Ali when he grows up because I have a small feeling Colby is a ladies man!

Thank you Brooke for having lots of kids!  If you keep having them Ali and I can just keep loving them, hugging them and giving them back!  Brielle the newest little Christian Baby melts everyone's heart!  There is no question that this special little girl and her contagious smile have us swooning.  
She is a sweetie through and through!



Just looking at this picture of Johnny makes me laugh.  This kid is a spitfire and has been from the time he was little.   His methodical outlook on life makes him a busy bee.  Curiosity has gotten this little guy into trouble a number of times and even though it stresses Brooke out I usually hang up the phone and laugh (just a little bit). Any little boy that can be stabbing things with a screwdriver, causing mischief during the day and then hugging a little brother or sister at night is all right in my books.  Go Get 'EM Tiger! 


Ty Ty - Ok I must admit that all of our offspring are adorable but..... this one has dimples that put him high on the list for sure.  Ty Ty can give hugs,  not the "pat on the back" fake hugs we all usually give... but a "real",  awesome "bear hug".  He is smart and funny and easy.  (He even potty trained himself)!  This is a little boy I need take a minute to sit down with and just spend some "aunty" time, he is a keeper!



I don't have a picture of Timmy from this trip but I find the fact that I don't have a picture of him hilarious.  Let me explain......If I have stated any of the other kids were stubborn I have understated.  Timmy is stubborn with a capital S.  Timmy probably didn't want to pose for one of my pictures or was to busy being "all boy".  Timmy is going to be a powerful man one day and I can't wait to watch it unfold.  Even though Timmy has never let me hug him or kiss on him, I think he likes me a little bit, it's just a hunch!  Who knows, Ali may have told him he needed to be nice to me and he is just obedient.  So Timmy even though you are a tough guy, I love ya to death!

Sometimes journaling is just about not forgetting a thought or a feeling, so sometimes you have to take a minute just to write it down.  


1 comment:

The Christians said...

Fun post! I am excited to see you guys this weekend.